We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service, we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the Solicitor who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

You can complain if you are not satisfied with issues such as:

  • how we handled your case
  • the cost for our services

What to do first

You must always try complaining to your relevant solicitor, who is undertaking your matter or firm first before take your complaint further—whether to the Legal Ombudsman or to SRA.

You may find that approaching the problem informally at first will resolve things. However, if this does not work, we should always give you information on our official complaints procedure and your right to take the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

•              Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


•              No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or

•              No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.

Contact details


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

When you make a complaint, you should:

  • complain as soon as possible
  • be clear on what the issue is and how you would like it to be resolved
  • give us up to eight weeks to resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman deals with poor service, such as:

  • delayed or unclear communication
  • problems with your bill
  • loss of documents

The Legal Ombudsman deals with all aspects of poor service, such as

•              delayed or unclear communication

•              problems with your fees, or

•              loss of documents.

The Legal Ombudsman can

•              order the Solicitor or firm to apologise,

•              order the Solicitor or firm to refund all or part of your fees

•              order the Solicitor or firm to return your documents, and

•              pay compensation if you have lost out due to poor service.

The Legal Ombudsman’s investigators aim to resolve cases quickly and informally by helping you and the firm or lawyer to come to an agreement. If they are unable to do that, an Ombudsman will be asked to make a decision. Those decisions are legally binding and they can enforce us through the courts if necessary.

When to report a solicitor to the SRA

If you have complained to your solicitor about breaching the SRA Code of Conduct and you are not satisfied with our response, you can report them to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

We must follow the code of conduct. The SRA can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority. You can see SRA logo in our website and click it, then you can find it’s contact details.